Eagle F.C. – Brief Job Description:
Eagle F.C. (“EFC” or “Club”) is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and organized leader to become the EFC’s Director of Coaching (“DOC”). The DOC must have a “development first” philosophy to help drive our organization forward over multiple years. The DOC must have a passion for developing youth players along with the ability to work well with a team of people to execute the mission, vision, and core values of EFC. The DOC will report to the Executive Director (“ED”) and Board of Directors (“BOD”). Success will be defined by the growth of the overall Club, the continued advancement of Club-wide player development, and the Club’s ability to deliver high-quality recreational and competitive opportunities for all players.
Eagle F.C. – General Information:
EFC operates within four townships (Hampden, Middlesex, Monroe, & Silver Spring) of Central Pennsylvania and is more specifically located in Mechanicsburg. EFC currently has 31 competitive teams with 21 volunteer and paid coaches. Additionally, EFC operates a robust recreational program with nearly 1,200 participants taking part annually. Our mission is to provide a positive, player-centric development approach and inclusive pathway that provides opportunities for players of all abilities. Our vision is to deliver positive opportunities for all through soccer.
Eagle F.C. DOC Responsibilities:
- Work with the ED and BOD to formulate and implement a strategic growth plan for EFC.
- To help build recreational and competitive playing opportunities to players at all skill levels.
- Develop, maintain, and educate our players by providing comprehensive training through curriculum development guidelines.
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of all volunteer and paid coaching staff
- Provide quarterly educational training sessions for EFC coaches.
- Attend weekly practices and weekend games for teams to give assistance, feedback, and advice.
- Conduct bi-annual evaluations of the coaching staff and advise coaches of the appropriate level of play for each age group.
- Organize and administer annual player tryouts.
- Lead camps and clinic programming.
- Support AGC and volunteer recreational coaching staff while in season.
- Participate in BOD meetings, communicate with ED and BOD, and advise on all soccer issues within EFC as well as advise on all relevant youth soccer rules and regulations under USYS and EPYSA.
Eagle F.C. Preferred Minimum Job Requirements:
- USSF “B” or higher license or NSCAA equivalent. NSCAA DOC Diploma is desirable.
- Professional or college level playing experience.
- Professional, semi-professional, or collegiate coaching experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience coaching youth soccer. Previous experience in a DOC or assistant DOC role is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching education experience at the local, state, regional, or national level is highly desirable.
- OR applicable combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Eagle F.C. General Skills and Traits Desired:
- Passion for working with youth players and the sport of soccer.
- Skilled leader with an inclusive leadership style.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and practically to convert visions into reality.
- Capable of working with recreational and competitive coaches and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with growing the enrollment of recreational and premier soccer programs.
- Familiarity with recreational program design and curriculum development.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Eagle F.C. Compensation:
Competitive pay and incentive opportunities are available.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to the ED at email@example.com.