The Eagle F.C. CODE OF CONDUCT is the standard of behavior that is expected of all players. It is the players’ responsibility, together with coaches and parent(s)/legal guardian(s), to conduct themselves in a manner in which they are following the mission, vision, core values, and policies of the organization. The Code of Conduct is in effect at all training sessions, camps, clinics, matches, tournaments, and all other Eagle F.C. sponsored events.
The undersigned player and parent(s)/legal guardian(s) participating on behalf of Eagle F.C. agree to abide by the standards of conduct outlined below. Player and parent(s)/legal guardian(s) will adhere to all stated rules. They will refrain from illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of Eagle F.C. or be detrimental to its performance objectives. These directives include, but are not limited to, the following criteria:
PRACTICE EXPECTATIONS (To ensure the team’s success at training sessions, you must arrive on time and be prepared to play; the guidelines below need to be followed at all times):
- Be on time for practice – try to arrive 15-minutes before your scheduled session. The start time for practices means that players are on the field, ready to go at the start of training. Excessive tardiness is not acceptable. If the team is to progress, we need all players to attend as often as possible.
- If you must miss a practice, please let the coach or team manager know promptly via phone call, text, or email.
- All players are expected to conduct themselves to enable and promote an educational climate for everyone in attendance. Abusive language and behavior or disrespectful acts toward teammates or coaches will not be tolerated.
- Upon arrival to practice, please let the coach or team manager know when you will be picked up and who is picking you up – coaches and/or team managers have to stay until all players have been picked up, so please be prompt so all may leave immediately following the practice.
- The dress code for practice includes shin guards, soccer-specific footwear, water, ball, and full practice jersey kit. Please wear the assigned training jersey to practice.
- The coach and team manager will be the communication points-of-contact if the practice is postponed or canceled for any reason. An email or text message will be sent.
- Sportsmanlike conduct is the rule at all times. This includes showing respect for teammates, other players, parent(s)/legal guardian(s), coach(es), and facility staff.
- Insubordination to members of the coaching staff and others will not be permitted.
- Total effort is expected at all training sessions, practice as we play.
MATCH EXPECTATIONS (To ensure the team’s success at matches, you must arrive on time and be prepared to play; the guidelines below need to be followed at all times):
- Arrive at least 45-minutes before kickoff.
- Arrive in the appropriate jersey kit (e.g., home or away). Be sure to bring both jersey kits just in case there is a need to change.
- You must have shin guards and cleats/turf shoes for every game. If you don’t have these, you will not be allowed to play.
- Bring plenty of fluids to drink – water and/or Gatorade.
- Sportsmanlike conduct is the rule at all times. This includes showing respect for opposing players and coaches, officials, spectators, parent(s)/legal guardian(s), coaches, teammates, and facility staff.
- If you know in advance, after receiving the league/tournament schedule, that you will be unavailable for a game, please share immediately with your coach and/or team manager.
- There will usually be a 10-minute postgame warm-down and debrief, so please plan for it in your schedule.
- Give at least 100% effort at every match.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS (To ensure the organization’s success, you must adhere to these fundamental guidelines below at all times):
- Eagle F.C. is a premier level training program. It is the player’s responsibility or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to check the organization’s website at www.eagle-fc.com for weekly updates and announcements.
- All required registration materials and paperwork, including Medical Release Forms and Code of Conduct, should be completed and submitted at the beginning of the fall season.
- All payments should be made on time. Once a player has committed to a team, Eagle F.C. expects a financial commitment from August through June. If fees cannot be paid, or you would like to request an alternative payment method, please contact the club administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theft or stealing of any sort, vandalism, or willful damage to any facilities or equipment will not be tolerated. Littering of any kind will not be permitted. Inappropriate behavior, like throwing items, kicking objects, making rude remarks, or engaging in physical contact, will not be allowed.
- Other acts of misconduct determined by Eagle F.C. staff that conflicts with the mission, vision, core values, and policies will result in disciplinary action up to and including immediate expulsion from the organization or non-retention for the following year.